Health and Safety
To keep surprising you with remarkable experiences, we have introduced several health and safety measures, reducing the risk of contact with COVID-19.
Please consult our guide below to know how to prepare in advance for your tour, what social distancing measures are in place and what cleaning and hygiene procedures we have implemented.
If you have any question regarding our new health and safety measures, please contact us.
Before you arrive
- Book tickets online before arrival, where possible.
- Before leaving home, please check our website and social media pages for the latest information.
- Although our buses are open-top we still ask that you bring a suitable face covering when coming on board.
- Anyone displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be able to board our buses. Our friendly customer service team will be available should you need to reschedule your booking if this happens.
At the bus stop
- Keep an eye out for signage around our departure points and on board.
- We have introduced social distancing measures at our departure points. Our queueing areas are clearly marked with spacing in line with government guidelines.
- Our employees will be undergoing daily non-invasive temperature checks, however we may also require our guests to participate in such checks as a condition of entry. Any person who is displaying a high temperature associated with fever will not be permitted on board. Please contact our customer service team should you have any concerns.
On board our buses
- We have reduced the number of passengers allowed on our buses, to ensure safe social distancing on board and at all of our bus stops.
- We encourage guests to bring their own headphones (3mm jack) for our multilingual commentary tours. Headphones will also be available from the driver. Please remember to take them with you to reuse.
- We have installed new hygiene screens on board many of our buses to help physically separate guests from drivers.
- We ask that any transactions that must occur are made using a contactless bank card, rather than cash.
Disinfecting and hygiene
- We have installed hand sanitiser dispensers at the entrance of all of our buses for our passengers to use as they board and disembark.
- All employees are issued with PPE, which may include face masks, face shields, disposable gloves, and hand sanitiser, to protect themselves and our guests.
- In addition to our employees, we kindly request that all our guests uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – whether it be when sneezing or coughing, through regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
Travel with confidence
We hope these new health and safety measures provide you with confidence and eagerness to (re)discover London on board our buses. Whilst every effort is being taken to protect the safety and wellbeing of our guests, we do ask that each of our employees and passengers also take personal responsibility for their safety, and the safety of those around them. We thank you for your understanding and we are looking forward to welcoming you aboard our buses.
We're good to go
We are proud to have acquired the We’re Good To Go Industry Standard from Visit England. This means that we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. We are indeed Good To Go!
We have also implemented health and hygiene protocols that are aligned with the globally recognised World Travel & Tourism Council’s Safe Travels Protocols.