Frequently Asked Questions
We have implemented reinforced health and safety measures on board and acquired the official Industry Standard "We're Good To Go" from Visit England as well as the globally recognized World Travel and Tourism Council's "Safe Travels Stamp".
- Although our buses are open top, mask wear is recommended on-board
- Hand sanitizer gel or towels are available on the bus
- Reinforced cleaning measures will include daily disinfection of vehicles and frequent cleaning of all touch points throughout the day
- Contactless payment is available in all destinations. However, we encourage customers to buy tickets online
- Safety recommendations and cleaning measures will be displayed on the bus
- We have installed hygiene screens at driver counters
We offer 2 different types of tours :
1. Hop-on hop-off: Hop-on hop-off tours with Tootbus will take you through an adventure to surprise you and let you discover a city following defined routes. You will be able to hop on and hop off the bus at any stop and explore the city at your own pace. On board the bus you will be guided by pre-recorded audio commentary on the bus devices or the app and even with a live guide for themed tours that will share with you the secrets of the cities (history, culture, monuments and even fun facts).
2. Themed tours: A themed tour is a non-stop tour, generally dated and/or timed, allowing a limited number of customers on board. Themed tours allow you to discover the city from a different perspective and according to a specific topic (Tour by Night, Kids Tour…)
On Tootbus website: www.tootbus.com
On board our buses: you can go to any bus stop and buy tickets on board
On street: we also have sellers on street at your disposal, you can recognize them by their uniform with Tootbus colours
Hop-on hop-off tours (freesale): Tickets are valid for redemption up to 12 months from the booking date. The validity of the ticket begins at the time of redemption, and you can use it for an unlimited number of times until the ticket is no longer valid. (Validity in hours from the time of redemption is as follows; 1 day=24 hours, 2 Days=48 hours, 3 Days=72 hours). 2- or 3-day tickets must be used on subsequent days
Themed tours or packages including limited capacity products: Tickets are valid on the date and time booked.
Children up to 4 travel for free, they require a ticket and are recommended to sit on an accompanying adult’s lap. Child rates apply for children 5-15 years old
We do offer discounted rates for seniors in some of our products. Discount % may vary according to the city, rates are displayed as Concession rates. To benefit from this type of rates you must bring a valid ID with you and present it at redemption.
We do offer discounted rates for students in some of our products. Discount % may vary according to the city, rates are displayed as Concession rates. To benefit from this type of rates you must bring a valid ID with you and present it at redemption.
Redemption instructions specific to the tour booked are systematically indicated in the tour ticket. Please make sure you read them before your arrival. General redemption instructions are as follows: If you booked a hop-on hop-off tour, you redeem your ticket and start the tour at any of the bus stops.
Mobile tickets are accepted. We recommend you download the Tootbus app to easily find your way around, the stops location and enjoy our self-guided walking tours to help you explore further! If you booked a dated and/or timed tour, the departure point and time is indicated in your ticket. You can also find the information on the product pages.
In Cardiff on the bus devices and on the Tootbus app, the audio guide is available in English, Welsh, French, Spanish, Italian, German and Polish. Kids Commentary is also available in these languages.
Your needs...our priority!
You want to plan your visit, but you are not sure when you will be able to travel? Hop-on hop-off tours (freesale): Tickets are valid for up to 12 months from the booking date, so you can book today with peace of mind and travel later. Your plans changed? You can now change or cancel your ticket without fees or proof during the ticket validity period. Themed tours or packages including limited capacity products: Tickets are valid only on the date and time booked.
However, if your plans change, you can now change or cancel your ticket without fees of proof up to 5 days before the tour date.
Payment methods may vary according to the point of sale.
On our website: You can pay by credit card (Visa, Mastercard and Maestro, except American Express).
On board our buses and with street sellers we accept cash and credit card payments (except for American Express). Cheques and holiday vouchers are not accepted.
You have booked your tickets on our website but you haven’t received the tickets yet? A confirmation email should have been sent to the email address you provided when you booked the tickets. If you haven’t received it yet, please kindly check your spam folder first.
If you still don’t find it, please contact our customer service and provide them with your name and email address to help them locate the booking and send it back to you.
Once you have booked the tickets on our website, you will receive a booking confirmation email, including a pass with a reservation number and a QR code. The QR code on the ticket is scannable on board the bus.
The validity of your ticket starts at the time of redemption, the first time your ticket will be scanned. While using the hop-on hop-off facility, your pass will be scanned every time you get on the bus. We highly recommend you import your booking into our mobile app allowing you to have your ticket always on hand.
Once you have downloaded the app, it is very easy to import your pass, you simply fill in the reservation number and the name displayed on your ticket. If you find any issues while importing your pass, please contact our customer service to get assistance or go to the nearest Tootbus shop.
We recommend you choose the number days for your Hop-on hop-off tour (1 or 2 days). If you are not sure yet about the duration, you can always modify your booking following the cancellation policy conditions. For an optimum experience, we highly suggest you download the Tootbus app.
To prepare your tour, you will able to import your pass and share it with your family and friends. The route is all yours on the map and you can already see the route you are going to take and find the nearest bus stop to take from your position.
Bonus, you will also be able to discover in advance the audio guides commentaries. We have thought of everything, we will provide you earphones on board, for free.
You can of course also bring your own if they are adapted to jack plug. And if you are curious, you can choose one of our walking tours we propose you to complete your experience. And let the city simply take you by surprise. Please kindly keep in mind that wearing a face covering is mandatory on board.
Wi-Fi is free and available the buses displaying Wi-Fi logo. For a full experience, we invite you to download our app to easily find your way around, access the routes, find the stops location, enjoy audio commentaries on mobile and self-guided walking tours to help you explore further.
All buses are wheelchair accessible and equipped with powered ramps worked by the drivers.The ramps are located at the double doors in the middle of the bus, we recommend you alert the driver of your presence to deploy the ramp and assist you in anything you may need.
With Tootbus, children and adults are welcomed in the same way. Children also have their own adapted audio-guide contents. We will make sure that they live a fun experience to discover the city and let themselves be surprised. The objective: to make you live an unforgettable experience, for young and old.
To avoid any danger, we kindly ask to remain seated during the tour and keep with you your personal items (luggage, push chair…). To keep our buses, clean for you and for your comfort, no food is allowed on board. Animals (small ones and guide dogs) are accepted on board. Except for guide dogs, animals need to be positioned on your knees. Please have also in mind that smoking is not allowed on board of our buses.
Our flexible hop-on hop-off routes allow you to get off at any of the bus stops. We want you to experience the city in full and thus our service does not end at the moment you get off. By downloading our app you will access our amazing self-guided walking tours to help you explore each and every corner!
Download the Tootbus app and let it guide you with its real-time geolocation.
You will find the list of our stops right below:
1) Kingsway Cardiff: 5 Kingsway, Cardiff
2) Principality Stadium: 25 Westgate Street, Cardiff
3) St Mary Street: 52-63 Saint Mary Street, Cardiff
4) Herbert/Tyndall Street: 23 Tyndall Street, Cardiff
5) Norwegian Church/Britannia Quai: Harbour Drive, Cardiff
6) Cardiff Bay - Millennium Centre: 2 Bute Place, Cardiff
7) Mermaid Quay: 1 New George Street, Cardiff
8) Techniquest: 6 Stuart Street, Cardiff
9) Craft in the Bay: 330 Bute Street, Cardiff
10) Lloyd George Avenue: Lloyd George Avenue, Cardiff
11) John Lewis/Bute Terrace: 8 Bute Terrace, Cardiff
12) Queen Street Station/Guildhall Terrace: Station Terrace, Cardiff
13) National Museum of Wales: 26 Gorsedd Gardens Road, Cardiff
Click here on our interactive map to know more about the position of each stop.