Frequently Asked Questions on Paris
COVID-19: Reinforced hygiene measures
We have implemented reinforced health and safety measures on board and acquired the "Caring Attitude" stamp from The Paris Tourist Information Office as well as the globally recognized World Travel and Tourism Council's "Safe Travels Stamp".
- Although our buses are open top, mask wear is mandatory on-board
- Hand sanitizer gel or towels are available on the bus
- We have introduced social distancing at the stops and on the bus
- Reinforced cleaning measures will include daily disinfection of vehicles and frequent cleaning of all touch points throughout the day
- Contactless payment is available in all destinations. However, we encourage customers to buy tickets online.
- Safety recommendations and cleaning measures will be displayed on the bus
- We have installed hygiene screens at driver counters
How can I know what type of tour that suits me best?
We offer 2 different types of tours:
1. Hop-on, hop-off tours Sightseeing bus tours with Tootbus will take you through an adventure to surprise you and let you discover a city following defined routes. You will be able to hop on and hop off the bus at any stop and explore the city at your own pace. On board, you will be accompanied by pre-recorded audio commentary on the bus devices or the app and even with a live guide for thematic tour that will share with you the secrets of the cities (history, culture, monuments and even fun facts).
2. Thematic tours: A thematic tour is a closed tour with fixed number of customers on board and specific dates to discover the city through a specific theme (Tour by Night, Kids Tour…).
Where can I buy my ticket?
On Tootbus website: www.tootbus.com.
On board our buses: you can go to any bus stop and buy tickets on board.
On street: we also have sellers on street at your disposal, you can recognize them by their uniform with Tootbus color.
How long is my ticket valid for?
Freesale hop-on hop-off tours: Tickets are valid for redemption up to 6 months from the booking date. The validity of the ticket begins at the time of redemption, and you can use it for an unlimited number of times until the ticket is no longer valid. (Validity in hours from the time of redemption is as follows; 1 day=24 hours, 2 Days = 48 hours, 3 Days=72 hours). 2- or 3-day tickets must be used on subsequent days.
Limited capacity – themed tours or packages: Tickets are valid only on the date and time booked.
What is your children policy?
Although infants under 4 years old travel for free a ticket is required. During the tour we recommend they sit on an accompanying adult’s lap
Child rates apply for children 4-12 years old.
Do you offer senior discounts? What are the conditions?
No, there is no discount for seniors.
Do you offer student discounts? What are the conditions?
No, there is no discount for students.
How and where can I to redeem my ticket?
Redemption instructions specific to the tour booked are systematicallt indicated in the tour ticket. Please make sure you read them before your arrival. General redemption instructions are as follow:
- If you book a hop-on hop-off tour, you can redeem yout ticket and start the tour at any bus stops. See the map here. Mobile tickets are accepted. We recommend you to download the Tootbus App to easily find your way around, the stop locations and enjoy our self-guided walking tours to help you to explore further!
- If you booked an dated and/or timed tour,the departure point and time is indicated in your ticket. See departure points per tour below:
What are the languages available?
1. Audio-Guide on bus devices:
- French | English | German | Spanish | Italian
2. Kids Commentary on bus devices:
- English | French.
3. Audio-Guide and Kids Commentary on the Tootbus app:
- English | French
How flexible is your cancellation policy? Can I change or cancel my booking?
Your needs...our priority! You want to plan your visit, but you are not sure when you will be able to travel?
Free sale hop-on hop-off tours: Tickets are valid for up to 6 months from the booking date, so you can book today with peace of mind and travel later. Your plans changed? You can now change or cancel your ticket without fees or proof during the ticket validity period.
Limited capacity – themed tours or packages: Tickets are valid only on the date and time booked. However, if your plans change, you can now change or cancel your ticket without fees of proof up to 24 hours before the tour date.
See more under our Terms & Conditions section.
What are the payment methods available?
Payment methods may vary according to the point of sale:
On our website: You can pay by credit card (Visa, Mastercard and Maestro, except American Express).
On board our buses and with street sellers: we accept cash and credit card payments (except for American Express). Cheques and holiday vouchers are not accepted.
I haven't received my e-ticket. What should I do?
You have booked your tickets on our website, but you haven’t received the tickets yet?
A confirmation email should have been sent to the email address you provided when you booked the tickets. If you haven’t received it yet, please kindly check your spam folder first. If you still don’t find it. Please contact our customer service and provide them with your name and email address to help them locate the booking and send it back to you.
What does my ticket look like?
Once you have booked the tickets on our website, you will receive a booking confirmation email, including a pass with a reservation number and a QR code. The QR code on the ticket is scannable on board the bus. The validity of your ticket starts at the time of redemption, the first time your ticket will be scanned.
While using the hop-on hop-off facility, your pass will be scanned every time you get on the bus. We highly recommend you import your booking into our mobile app allowing you to have your ticket always on hand. Once you have downloaded the app, it is very easy to import your pass, you simply fill in the reservation number and the name displayed on your ticket.
If you find any issues while importing your pass, please contact our customer service to get assistance or go to the nearest Tootbus shop.
If you booked your tickets through a reseller or 3rd party, your will not be able to import your pass into the Tootbus app. We highly recommend you follow the redemption instructions displayed in the ticket and whether you need to print out the ticket or not. In general, you will simply have to present it to the bus driver when you get on the bus.
How can I prepare my tour?
We recommend you choose the number days for your Hop-on/Hop-off tour (1 or 2 days).
If you are not sure yet about the duration, you can always modify your booking following specific conditions.
For an optimum experience, we highly suggest you download the Tootbus app.
To prepare your tour, you will be able to import your pass and share it with your family and friends.
The route is all yours on the map and you can already see the route you are going to take and find the nearest bus stop to take from your position.
Bonus, you will also be able to discover in advance the audio guides commentaries.
We have thought of everything, we will provide you earphones on board, for free. You can of course also bring your own if they are adapted to jack plug.
And if you are curious, you can choose one of our walking tours we propose you to complete your experience. And let the city simply take you by surprise.
Please kindly have on mind that mask wear is mandatory on board, all information about hygiene measures at the top of this FAQ.
Is Wi-Fi proposed on board?
Wi-Fi is free and available on the buses displaying a Wi-Fi logo.
For a full experience, we invite you to download our app to easily find your way around, access the routes, find the stops location, enjoy audio commentaries on mobile and self-guided walking tours to help you explore further.
What are the opening hours for the tours? What is the bus frequency?
Are your buses wheelchair accessible?
All buses are wheelchair accessible and equipped with powered ramps worked by the drivers. The ramps are located at the double doors in the middle of the bus, we recommend you alert the driver of your presence to deploy the ramp and assist you in anything you may need.
Are the tours child-friendly?
With Tootbus, children and adults are welcomed in the same way. Children also have their own adapted audio guide contents. We will make sure that they live a fun experience to discover the city and let themselves be surprised. The objective: to make you live an unforgettable experience, for young and old.
How can I recognize Tootbus buses?
Our buses are planet friendly and recognizable by their original colors.
How can I find and recognize the bus stops?
Download the Tootbus app and let it guide you with its real-time geolocation.
You will find the list of our stops right below:
1) Haussmann, Grands Magasins: 13, rue Auber 75009 Paris
2) Opéra Garnier: 49, avenue de l’Opéra 75002 Paris
3) Musée du Louvre: Place du Carrousel 75002 Paris
4) Notre-Dame: 4, rue du Petit Pont 75005 Paris
5) Musée d'Orsay: 8, quai Anatole-France 75007 Paris
6) Concorde: 12, place de la Concorde 75008 Paris
7) Champs-Elysées - Georges V: 116, avenue des Champs-Elysées 75008 Paris
8) Trocadéro: 15, avenue du Président Wilson 75016 Paris
9) Tour Eiffel: 69, quai Branly 75007 Paris
10) Pont Alexandre III - Invalides: 41, quai d’Orsay 75007 Paris
Click here on our interactive map to know more about the position of each stop.
How long takes the tour with Tootbus?
The routes are specific per city – their duration too. It also depends on the type of tour you choose: Hop-on hop-off, themed tours or even a combination with one of other products.
All the information per type of tour here
What is allowed on board?
Your security is our priority, thus wearing the seat belt is mandatory during the tour.
To avoid any danger, we kindly ask to remain seated during the tour and keep with you your personal items (luggage, baby carriage…).
To keep our buses, clean for you and for your comfort, no food is allowed on board.
Animals (small ones and guide dogs) are accepted on board. Except for guide dogs, animals need to be positioned on your knees.
Please have also in mind that smoking is not allowed on board of our buses.
I want to visit some museums and attractions, what can I book with Tootbus?
You want to spice up your tour?
Museums, river cruises, attractions, … We have a lot of options, packages, and bundles to spice up your visit!
Click here for more information and find the combo that suits you best.
I want to walk to discover the city
Our flexible hop-on hop-off routes allow you to get off at any of the bus stops. We want you to experience the city in full and thus our service does not end at the moment you get off. By downloading our app you will access our amazing self-guided walking tours to help you explore each and every corner.
I want a book a private tour by hiring a bus for a specific event.
Tootbus buses, traditionally featuring hop-on, hop-off tours can be hired privately and tailored to fit your needs. See more info
I want to make a group booking.
You are organising a seminar, a convention or a group activity for more than 10 people? You can contact our groups service to purchase group tickets in advance for the regular routes.
Do I need to present a health pass?
No, our activities do not require a health pass.
What is the timetable for each route and stop?
We are open from Monday to Sunday.
Please note that the timings at the stops are estimated. Please check our timetable before your journey.
To follow our busses in real time, please download our Tootbus app in the Google Play Store or the Apple store. The app allows you to find your way easily, to access the itineraries and to enjoy our audio comments.